So for those that don't know we have two puppies...A Pekingese named Maggie and a little black Chihuahua/Jack russell mix named Sasha. Both are fun, happy girls and we love them like the children we will one day have :) Sasha has a little heart condition called a heart murmur. She was born with it and there is really nothing we can do to help her besides keep her fed and mellow. If her hearts works to hard she could have a heart attack or stroke and die. We were devestated when we found out. She is just so sweet! So last Thursday, I was playing in the yard with Maggie and Sasha and the girls started fighting...they do this alot...see just like kids :) So I picked up Maggie and said "Sasha-Come On!" Usually Sasha follows me right in and they go in their crates. However, as I set Maggie down inside I didn't see Sasha run in like usual. So I open the door to the garage to see where she had gone, and as I opened the door I heard Ben ask what happened. I told him the girls were fighting so I was putting them inside. "No", he said..."what happened to Sasha?" Pointing to the ground, I looked and saw Sasha laying motionless on the garage floor. I called her name and unlike usual, she didn't perk up and come running. She just laid there. I picked her up and she was limp and weak in my hands Her eyes were trying to open but she was too weak. I was so worried. For the next few minutes, we held her and pet her and gave her some ice chips to try and make sure she was hydrated. She slowly became more alert but her heart was POUNDING and she was breathing very fast. We put her inside her crate to rest and put a fan pointing into her crate to help cool her down. She seems okay now but we still keep an extra eye on her. We think she either had a minor stroke or just heat exhaustion. Either way we are sooo glad that she is still a part of our little family :) We love you Sasha!!!
James Family – Dickinson House (Hillcrest)
7 years ago




1 comments:
You guys should consider opening a veteranary hospital or something! You're the first people I'm gonna call next time I have a stroke or go into cardiac arrest. I can't wait to see you and the dogs next month!
Post a Comment