Tuesday, October 23, 2007

We're On Fire!!!!

Sunday night was the start of a "warm" atmosphere here in San Diego. We had 3 fires going and people in Ramona were being evacuated. By Monday morning...there were 8 fires. Almost 100,000 people had been evacuated and that was just the beginning. As of this morning over 300,000 people have been evacuated. Over 364 square miles have burned and the air quality is so poor that almost eveything is closed. Stephanie has been evacuated twice. Once on Monday from where she is living, and then again at around 4:00am this morning from the place she evacuated to. She is fine and is now staying at one of the 23 evacuation centers. It is an eerie sight to look behind you and see the sun litterally on fire with the highlighting of the smoke. We are poised and ready to evacuate if needed so for now we wait. How greatful I am that Ben and I have made the monetary sacrifice to put together our 72 hour kits. We were planning on getting our food storage this christmas and now there is no doubt that we will be acquiring those inspired essentials. I leave you with this food for thought.... "We can only be good at one of two things: Planting in the Spring, or begging in the Fall!" Which one will you be?

4 comments:

Cristi said...

That is an awesome and frightening photo- glad to hear that everyone is okay! I hope for the best for you guys!

Unknown said...

WOW Jessa! I was wondering about you. U r in my prayers! U should all come over to AZ and we'll put you up ;-) Keep me updated! Stay safe!

Crystal said...

Ahh, my cousins! I'm glad you are all OK. Those pictures are so scary. Poor Steph evacuating twice, but at least she is safe. I love all you guys, and I appreciate the food for thought about being prepared.

CCmomma said...

That's terrible. Is everyone good now???
It was good to see your dad last weekend and he seemed fine. I take it all is well now. Can't wait to see a happy post next time.