Friday, December 7, 2007

Wicked!

Ok. So maybe I'm obsessed! Last weekend I went to the Pantages theater in Los Angeles and saw Wicked! for the 4th time! I can't get enough. The music, costumes, sets -- everything about it is perfect! It has all the elements combined for perfection! For those of you that don't know, Wicked is the back story of the the wicked witch of the west and Glinda the good witch of the north from the Wizard of Oz. It is a fictitous history of the two witches and how one comes to be known as wicked while the other is risen to the glory of goodness. It goes into depth about where the flying monkeys, ruby slippers, scarecrow, tinman and cowardly lion all come from. You also get to know the story behind her evil sister, the Wicked Witch of the East who is crushed under Dorothy's house in the beginning of the Wizard of Oz. I HIGHLY recommend this musical to any Wizard of Oz enthusiast as well as anyone just looking for a good time. Here are some pictures from the show as well and the music. Take a listen and get your tickets as soon as you can!!!


Dad, Me, Melina and Terri outside the Pantages


Dad, "The Wizard of Oz", Me, Melina and Terri after the show. We Got to "meet the wizard"!

Me, a citizen of Oz, Dad and Terri

1 comments:

Crystal said...

Cool, Spencer's uncle and aunt went and saw that in NY and they said it was amazing! I'd love to see it. Maybe someday...