I have been waiting for something fun to post about and I gotta be honest...I had nada! Until today! 2 weeks ago the San Diego crew got together to support Parkinson's. There are multiple Beach family members that have it and recently an uncle on my mom's side was diagnosed as well so helping to fight parkinson's was very personal for our family. We had a great time! The walk was a 5K which is about 3.2 miles. I didn't totally finish the walk but I DID walk about 2.8 miles so I think I did good. I stayed with my dad mostly since he was on my pace :) I gotta say - walking 2.8 miles is not that easy...you get tired, thirsty and winded - well at least I do. But trying to do it while you are 7 months prego is a whole different story!!! I was winded before we even started! Man am I out of shape! I can't wait to push a stroller and increase the nonexsistant stamina I currently possess...Maybe next year I will be walking the WHOLE walk :)
Our current total raised is $2485.00!!!
But you can still help!!! You can still donate to help Parkinson's by going here:
Thanks!!!




4 comments:
Nice going! I wish I could have been there with ya!
We would have LOVED to have you and the boys! Why is Tennesee so far away again??? I miss you!
That's neat that you guys did that. I have an uncle with Parkinson's as well.
Jessa, I'm bummed I missed your shower. Eric told me about it a couple of days ago. He felt bad because he forgot to tell me about it. I hope you got a lot of fun stuff.
Good for you! I did a breast cancer walk when I was 6 months pregnant with Taylor and I was so exhausted by the end.
Post a Comment